Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Boxes, Sunburns and Goodbyes

My house is still a maze of boxes. Despite being here for a week, with my Mom and Sister to help, I still have lots and lots of boxes to unpack. Ok, to be fair, my Mom TRIED to put stuff away but I told her to stop because she kept putting it in the wrong place. So instead of unpacking we spent most of last week hanging out, eating, and shopping. Oh yeah and going to the beach, which brings me to my next point.

Who invented this new continuous spray lotion? Apparantely someone who has a little more sense than the Hammond family. You see we bought the lotion, applied it, and still went home with sunburns! I was so mad. We took a weekend trip to Siesta Key on the Gulf and hit the beaches. It was a great time. Only when we got home, we realized we did a poor job of applying the sunscreen. The backs of my legs really got burnt and Jeff's whole chest as well as Tyler's back. Maggie got some crazy genetics and luckily doesn't burn as easily as the rest of us. The burns are kind of random, so you can tell the sunscreen worked in areas it was applied properly. Live and Learn!

My Mom, Sister, Niece and Nephew all flew home early Monday morning. It is now very quiet in my house. But there is no one to hang out with, shop with, or go to dinner with. I realized today that there without knowing anyone in the area, and with Jeff working lots of hours, any kind of shopping is going to be very difficult. This was very apparent today when Tyler complained the whole time we were running errands. I even gave up on my Wal Mart trip because I didn't think the kids could handle anything else. I told him he needs to go to school so Maggie and I can do some shopping. LOL

That's all for now. We are enjoying all the sunshine and warmth!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Send me your new email when you get time. Hope the job is well too.

kathleen and Jeremy

Anonymous said...

we had a great time while we were there. and miss you all alot. and now i just cant go to your house to go shoing and hang out, oh yeah by the way the new ikea store is open. love ya all shelly